Optibelt success story Issue 21/2020: Industry Textile Spinning
- The existing brand B belts of size XPB 3000 x 6 pcs belts had an average life of 6 - 8 months, and required frequent maintenance.
- The belt drive required constant tensioning, and as belt tension declined the vacuum decreased. Maintenance of vacuum pressure was critical to the process.
- Customer wanted to also reduce energy consumption.
- Redesigned the drive and installed optibelt SUPER XE - POWER PRO of size CPB 3000 x 5 pcs (note the reduction in belts used).
- The belt installation was in accordance to OPTIBELT recommended practices and procedures
The optimised optibelt SUPER XE-POWER PRO solution provided the following benefits:
- Approximately 11.11% LESS energy consumed.
- A maintenance free drive system: No need to re-tension.
- Currently still running, with no signs of tension reduction of failure.
- The expectation is that belt life time will be more than doubled (with NO maintenance needed).
BRAND AVERAGE BELT LIFE SPAN
BRAND B 6 - 8 MONTHS
OPTIBELT 11 MONTHS AND STILL RUNNING